Quality Curriculum and Facilitators ~ Our presenters/facilitators are leaders in their field who share a passion for teaching and learning and the development of leaders within our community. The curriculum is current and responsive to the needs of each Networks group.
Capacity Building ~ Leadership Networks builds capacity at an individual, organizational and community level. The skills and knowledge acquired through our learning days are put to the test by challenging participants to:
- Set monthly goals to reinforce and practices their new skills and knowledge
- Complete individual projects to stretch and hone their abilities on a personal level, organizational level as well as at a community level
- Work together as a team to complete a community initiative (what a great way to practice and apply skills learned throughout the program as well as give back to our community!
Community-Based ~ We use our community as the classroom! The participants gain leadership skills and knowledge through interaction with and in our community. Using the community as a tool means that participants are exposed to the real issues faced by leaders in our region. Participants have the opportunity to learn from and network with some of Central Alberta’s foremost leaders.
Participants ~ Each Leadership Networks class includes individuals from the private, public and not-for profit sectors offering a rich, diverse blend of perspectives as we explore various leadership theories and techniques.
This course is designed for front-line staff or those who are beginning to develop their personal leadership skills.
LEADERSHIP 101 COURSE THEMES:
- What is Leadership?
- Understanding your Personal Style: how it effects how you lead/influence others
- Communication Skills: listening to understand others & speaking so others will listen
- Focus With a Purpose: planning, goal setting, life balance
- Creative Thinking: stretching your comfort zone and seeing things from various perspectives
- Presentation Skills: how to engage your audience
- The Power of Networking and Knowing your Community
- Facilitation Skills: how to lead a group through a variety of learning processes
- Personal Accountability: increase your credibility
This course is designed for those who are already in supervisory, team lead, management roles who would like to focus on enhancing their skills in leading others.
LEADERSHIP 201 COURSE THEMES:
- Enhance your Personal Leadership Style & Learn to Engage Other Styles
- Coaching Skills
- Negotiation Skills: getting to win/win
- Planning for Success: proactive personal goal setting and accountability
- Communication Skills: dealing with difficult people and having ‘tough’ conversations
- Facilitation Skills: engaging individuals, teams and your organization
- Unpacking the Problem: identifying the real issue
- Creativity: leading others through exercises to challenge their thinking & to discover new ideas
- Strategic Planning: discover a variety of planning techniques
This course is designed for those who are responsible in roles such as Chief Executive Officer, Executive Director, or Chairman of the Board.
Leadership 301 Course Themes:
- Communication Skills: negotiating, getting past NO
- Political Savvy
- Building an Effective Team/Organization
- Media Relations
- Inspiring Cultural Change
- Organizational Growth and Innovation
- Maximize on Organizational Diversity
This course will be a unique blend of theme presentations, panel discussions with community leaders & one-on-one coaching/mentoring sessions with community leaders.
Not-for profit agencies are invited to work with us to identify specific community projects for our participants. Agencies may submit an application on a specific project their agency would like to work on but just don’t have the time and/or manpower for. Agencies work closely with their Leadership Networks team over the course of the program. If your non-profit organization is interested in learning more about submitting a Community Project or to find out more information, please contact our office.